Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Time

Darn it! Just when I thought I was going to start making time to post regularly life got in the way…again. Life is funny that way. You make a mental note, or even better, you make a physical reminder to do something and then something more important comes up. I had this grand plan to become this authoritative blogger that lots of people checked out at least once a week. I never got around to figuring out what exactly I was going to be an “authority” on, but never mind the details. Oh yeah. I was going to plug in a few RSS feeds, update my links section, and add some pictures and videos…the whole 9 yards. As you can see, it has been about a month since my last post and a month since those dreams crashed upon the rocky shores of Life Landing. So here I sit, trying to look back and what exactly it was that sidetracked me and I cannot for the life of me remember.

I suppose I could blame it on work. But then, I leave for work at 7 am and get home around 7 pm (12 hours gone) so what about the other 12 hours. Well from about 7pm to about 8pm (1 hour) I am usually eating and catching up with the wife. No problem, I still have about 11 hours to write. Then, from about 8 pm to about 10 pm I am usually playing with the boys or on a random night watching one of the few TV programs I watch (2 hours). So that leaves me 9 hours. Oh…wait. I forgot about sleep. Ok…from 10 pm - 5:30am I sleep (7.5 hours), and from 5:30-6am I read (usually the Good Book) and from 6 to 7 I get dressed. No more hours left!

Am I supposed to keep this up until I retire?! What happened to ALL of my time? It was just the other day that I had extra time to do things like write and read and work out and play a game or two. No more. When did I get so busy? Maybe one of these days I will have some free time. Of course, by then, I won’t have any idea what to do with that time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Josh, Smokey here, from LantanaLinks. Yep, I got banned for posting a link to a new forum I created, not for anything I've said. Apparently, Admin felt it was a "Commercial Interest". I called BS and he said, "Why would I allow you to publicize something that would compete with me?" Good point, I guess. Either way, the link, if you're interested, is http://lantanatalk.s10.forumsplace.com/index.php. Feel free to invite others, but be cautious in how you do it : )

Cheers!

Hughes said...

don't know if you'll get this or not...ended up on your blog while surfing instead of working...

one comment: you get up at 0530 to read?!?! impressive or insane...not sure which.

anyways, take it easy bro...hope to see you in CO someday soon...maybe roll up here for some skiing this year.

hughes