Monday, May 15, 2006

Where is the service?

Customer service is dead. The referee has counted to 10 and the bell had rung. The upper cut of our “all about me” society has landed squarely on the chin of customer service. I have no idea what happened - but very few people seem inclined to offer more than a “thanks for shopping” motto that they try and pass off as “going the extra mile for the customer”. To make a long story short - I will no longer be shopping at Home Depot and I would recommend to anyone considering having them install wood floors – don’t do it!

Ok, just when I thought the world was made up of people and businesses who didn’t give a darn about me I go off and eat at Hard Eight in Stephenville and buy some furniture at Rooms to Go in Grapevine. If you are looking for some of the best BBQ in Texas or if you want to be treated like you are the only customer in world interested in furniture then you should drive down to Stephenville for lunch and drive up to Grapevine for furniture. Both places no how to offer a good product and great service.

But back to Home Depot for a second...I realize most of my problems revolve around the wood floor installers who do not officially work for Home Depot, but are contracted. That doesn’t matter – I purchased the floors at Home Depot (to the tune of $7,500), I paid with my Home Depot card and when there is a problem (or series of problems) I expect Home Depot to take care of things. I certainly don’t expect to have to leave 10 voicemails before anyone will return my call – or have a customer service person tell me they are handling everything and will have a solution by 4pm on Friday – just to find out said employee left for the weekend without even calling me! Did I mention that I’m finished with them?

3 comments:

truth said...

J-may I hope you tried to contact someone at the area level or higher as I have found if you bother enough people higher up the command chain you can usually get some remedy to your problem. Good Luck.

Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»