Friday, June 02, 2006

Eat more chicken?

My drive from the new house is not so bad after all. I found a pretty good back route that keeps me off of the dreaded stretch of I-35 headed south into Dallas. I am getting to work in about 40 minutes, which aint bad considering it’s a 31 mile drive.

But despite all that, I am thinking about changing my route. Every morning this week I have been freaked out by the sight of a cow standing on its hind legs - starring at me at the stop light - waving and holding up a sign wanting me to “Eat more Chicken”. And no matter how many times I see it, each time my eyes catch the first glimpse of this “cow”, it totally freaks me out.

It’s as if for a nano of a second, my brain sees this and processes it as a real cow or something. I don’t know what it is – but for that short period, my heart races and I do a double-take. Maybe it’s the way he stares at me as I drive buy, as if to say, “I can see you. And if you don’t pull through the drive-thru then I will track you down and milk all over your floor.” I usually follow up the heart palpitation with a silly little laugh at myself for being stupid and go on down the road. But then I repeat the same thing over again the next morning. My brain has not yet figured to that cows really can’t stand on their hind legs and wave at people. Deep down I KNOW that there is a minimum wage worker in there just trying to make a buck.

I use to like that eating establishment (especially now that they offer tomatoes on their already perfect chicken sandwiches) – but I may have to boycott until someone can do something about that cow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»