Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Magic...sort of

I occasionally get these odd-ball gifts from other companies trying to curry favor with me, as if I have the ability to decide who my company does business with. The gifts usually take the shape of some type of “squeeze ball” which I suppose it to help relieve stress. Funny thing, they actually work better when you paint a picture of your boss or Dwayne Wade on the ball and then proceed to SQUEEZ!

But I digress. The last two gifts have been pretty cool. This one company from the northeast specializing in corporate restructuring sent me last month a first aid kit (to tie into their marketing idea that they “don’t just provide a band-aid solution”). But my favorite is what they sent me last week – the Magic Eight Ball.

You know what I’m talking about - the big black ball with the number 8 on it. You turn it upside down and it tells you the answer to the question you are asking. Since I don’t believe in all that psychic crap, I play a slightly different game with it. I turn it upside down and see the answer and THEN make up a question.

Answer: “Ask me again”
Question: “What does my wife have to do to get me to take out the trash?”

Answer: “Very doubtful”
Question: “Will I ever get to sleep in just one morning between now and when the kids are out of the house?”

Answer: “Without a doubt”
Question: “Will I get yelled at for always having my wife ‘ask me again’ to take the trash out?”

This Magic Eight Ball is a lot of fun. Of course, I have no idea how this ties in to their marketing, but I guess should I ever need to restructure my corporation then I will know who to call.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»