Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Freedom to sound stupid

Aint free speech grand! Fortunately, free speech has consequences – like when you say something really stupid, other people are “free” to point out your stupidity, or in this case hypocrisy.

Decorated war hero Rep. John Murtha had this to say about our troops (which he of course “supports”)…”I worry about a slow withdrawal [from Iraq] which makes it look like there’s a victory…”

Heaven forbid our men and women leave Iraq feeling victorious! Gotta love that troop support!


Here is another one, which is soooo outrageous, I’m not sure anyone really takes this guy seriously.

Actor Harry Belafonte “[President George W. Bush is] the greatest tyrant in the world. [He is] the greatest terrorist in the world."

I don’t know about you, but I’m pretty sure those people on Flight 93 would have rather had President Bush on board instead of those terrorist. I’m pretty sure Israeli teenagers would have rather seen President Bush walk into the pizza joint than the suicide bomber. I could fill up 10 pages with many more “I’m pretty sure” examples…but you get the point.

It is statements like this that continue to isolate Hollywood types from average Americans and that will guarantee that Republicans remain in control for the foreseeable future. Dean, Murtha, et al are the GOP’s greatest asset!

No comments: