Friday, November 10, 2006

Which Way?

I am in the midst of making a life changing decision, one that will alter my work life, my friendships, my family, everything. I wish I could tell you what it is, but I can’t. The decision isn’t really mine to make – yet. But all signs are leading to that point. I ask that you keep me in my family in your prayers and ask God to continue to give me guidance.

How about this analogy: Do you remember when you were younger and you wanted to be somebody really bad? Perhaps you wanted to be a super hero, but as you got older you realized that there were not any super heroes - just mere mortals. But then, what if when you were older you find out that yes, there are super heroes and the super hero department found out you wanted to join them and they are considered you for their team. Unfortunately though, they tell you that the super heroes don’t really work and live where you live, and they don’t really get paid much, and they don’t get to tell anyone that they are really Clark Kent. What would you do? Well, I choose to pray. I pray that even though I may want to be a super hero, God may have a different plan for my life. And even though lots of people want to be super heroes and that the fact that the super hero department only calls on a select few…just because you get that call doesn’t mean that is the right choice for me, or you or anyone. That is where divine guidance comes in. So I ask that those of you who read this blog, and who are the praying types, please ask God to show me the way. Does “the way” lead to a cape, a web, and a mask or does it lead somewhere else?

Oh yeah…while your at it. Ask God to show the Republicans in Congress the error of their ways so that we can take back the House and Senate in 2008.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I pray for you, Shel, and the boys everynight!! As much as I don't want to see yall go anywhere and feel like I would be sad forever if you ever did and cry anytime I think about it, I understand its not about me its about you and your family and what is best for yall as a family and what GOD has in store for YALL! I pray what is the BEST for all of yall as a family and I know no matter what happens or what changes GOD will see us all through this and he will take care of all us!! Things always work out for us in the end and I choose to believe its because we trust in God and truly believe he will make happen what is supposed to happen!! Nevertheless, I will miss all of yall more than you could ever imagine!! I love yall so much and hope for nothing but the best for you, Shel, and the boys!!